What is a "Supervisory Committee"?
Your Supervisory Committee is an oversight committee comprised of five volunteers who are each elected to three-year terms by PLCU's general membership. The Committee's responsibilities include:
- Monitoring board and management activities
- Providing for financial statement audits
- Conducting annual member account verifications
- Verifying compliance with policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Monitoring the internal control environment
Committee members fulfill these responsibilities by:
- Meeting with PLCU's internal auditor every month
- Attending the monthly meetings of PLCU's Board of Directors
- Meeting periodically with regulatory examiners and financial statement auditors
- Reviewing management reports
- Attending periodic training seminars
If you have questions, comments or concerns about your account or the credit union's operations, you should first contact the credit union directly via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied with the response, you can appeal the matter to the Supervisory Committee which will conduct an additional, independent review. Supervisory Committee correspondence ONLY should be mailed to the following address:
The Supervisory Committee
Point Loma Credit Union
P.O. Box 420418
San Diego, CA 92142-0418
We can also be reached via e-mail at email@example.com.
Interested in Volunteering?
If you are a member in good standing and are interested in serving on the Supervisory Committee, please contact us for more information.