1. Definitions. The key terms used in this section are defined as follows:
“Nonpublic personal information” means information about me that you collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to me. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. An “affiliate” is a company that you own or control. The term “FSCC, Inc.” refers to your only affiliate, Financial Service Centers Cooperative, Inc., which is a financial service provider and the credit union service organization that operates the CU Service Centers® shared-branch network. This network is a cooperative of more than 1,100 credit unions in 42 states that are linked by technology to provide convenient, nation-wide financial services to the credit union member public. The network is analogous to an ATM network were technology and cooperative relationships between institutions enable the convenient delivery of financial services to consumers. A “nonaffiliated third party” is a company that is not an affiliate of yours.
2. Information that You Collect About Me. I understand that you collect nonpublic personal information about me from the following sources:
- Information I give you on applications or other forms;
- Information about my transactions with you;
- Information about my transactions with your affiliate, FSCC, Inc.;
- Information about my transactions with nonaffiliated third parties;
- Information from consumer reporting agencies.
3. Confidentiality, Security and Integrity of My Nonpublic Personal Information. You will restrict access to my nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to me. You maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal regulations to protect my nonpublic personal information.
4. Disclosure of My Nonpublic Personal Information to Your Affiliate. You disclose nonpublic personal information about me to your affiliate, FSCC, Inc. when I am conducting a transaction on my Point Loma Credit Union Account at another credit union that is participating in the CU Service Centers shared-branch network. You disclose information and about my transactions and experience with me, such as:
- Account balances;
- Account activity;
- Types of accounts.
The information disclosed comes from my Account records with you. You only disclose information needed to process the transaction I am requesting.
In addition, you will provide my mailing information to FSCC, Inc. for the purpose of sending me an announcement when a shared branch opens in my neighborhood.
Federal law allows you to disclose the information listed above with your affiliate. I do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information, nor do you have the technical feasibility to offer me the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure.
5. Disclosure of My Nonpublic Personal Information to Nonaffiliated Third Parties. You value my member relationship with you and therefore will not disclose my nonpublic personal information to nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted or required by law, such as:
- When it is necessary for completing a transaction that I order;
- To verify the existence and condition of my Account for a third party, such as a credit bureau or merchant;
- In order to comply with government agency or court orders;
- When I give you my written permission.
6. Disclosure of Nonpublic Personal Information About Former Members. If I should later terminate my membership, you will not disclose my nonpublic personal information.